Road Trip!

Jan 1st:
8 hour drive

Today we were off to Marino's grandparents house in the countryside. Host-father said that because it will be snowing over there, we couldn't take the car as it's not equipped to drive in snow. So, we took two trains to some location where they had a car and then drove the rest of the way. The whole trip took around 8 hours door-to-door. I was exhausted when we arrived but Marino's grandparents were so warm and welcoming. Best news was that they had a kotatsu!

Jan 2nd:
Skiing


Today we went skiing in the mountains close to home. For those who know me - I am by far not a sporty person. In fact, I could say I despise sports and yet we went skiing. Let's just say I couldn't even walk in the snow properly let alone ski well. I was scared as hell but yay for trying. Still had fun hanging out with my host family though :)

I wouldn't trade this experience for any other.

Jan 3rd
Onsen

Today we went to a natural hot spring in the mountains. I was stoked - going to hot springs is on my bucket list and I can tick it off now! This is definitely one of the highlights of my trip to far. No words or pictures can express how mesmerising and perfect the whole experience was. The only regret was not taking enough pictures.




Oh, and before I forget - we built some snowmen and an igloo as well. I love the snow!


Jan 4th
Home time

It was home time today. We drove all the way back and it only took 4 hours. Surprisingly my motion sickness wasn't too bad. I am so grateful and blessed to have such a caring and thoughtful host family to take me on such a memorable trip. So tired but so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment